Saturday 16 November 2013

Recipe: Vanilla and blueberry cupcake with white chocolate!

Hey there! Today I felt like a chef and decided to make these wonderful and delicious cupcakes!


I followed the recipe for vanilla cake from Martha Stewart and you can find it here(just the cake part, not the buttercream).  Ingredients for batter are over there and here's the ingredients for the rest of the cupcake:
  • 3/4 cup blueberries
  • 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
  • 1 cup curd
  • 1/2 cup blueberry juice(but you can make it yourself with the blueberries, water and sugar)
  • 3/4 cup whipped cream
  • 20g gelatin powder
  • White chocolate(I used Milka, the smaller one)
I didn't took any pictures of making the batter for cakes, because every batter looks really similar :) And there on the Martha Stewart site are some precise details to make it sooooo... Yeah :D Ohhh and I added small cubes of white chocolate to the batter.

Ohh fudge I got some drips over there... :S

What next? So after filling the liners with batter, mix blueberries with ground almonds(you can use more blueberries or more almonds, whichever you prefer). So you get batter looking thingy. :D

Very delicious looking, right? :D

Taking some of this batter and making a little balls will make the inside of your cupcakes. Just take those balls you made and put them on top of your filled batter(no need to push them down, while they bake  they will eventually fall a bit, you can see that on the first photo).


Okay so now you bake those little mother puckers! :D Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius(350 degrees Fahrenheit) as it says on Martha Stewart site :)

We're not done yet! Now comes the creme on the top of our cupcakes!

Take curd and mix it with blueberry juice. You can make your own juice, just pour some water over your blueberries and some sugar(I had about 3 cups of blueberries with 3 cups of water and 3 1/2 tablespoons of sugar).


Then take you whipped cream and whip it! :D I used cream with 26% fat but if you use cream with 40%(heavy cream) it will work better. My cream got a bit droopy at the end.


And then mix the blueberry curd with whipped cream and while mixing, slowly add gelatin powder. I did end up having too much cream so you can reduce the ingredients for cream(by quarter). Gelatin powder that I used is from Dr. Oetker, which looks like this...

In the language of my people! Just that 1 word.
After mixing the whole thing, refrigerate it until it firms up. And I think now's the time you take your cakes out.

They´re cooling... Good cakes!

After the cream firms up its time to pipe it on your cakes! :) Mine looked weird with just the cream itself... :/


So I decided to add some of that white chocolate on the top! Yummmm!

Here is the cupcake again! :D
I served this beautifully decorated cupcake with white chocolate to my mom. :) She could have cared less for the presentation(I tried, sob) but she did say they were good :)

I hope you liked this post and I hope you try this yourself and make sure you let me know how they turn out if you end up making them :)

Take care and goodbye :)

Amii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Amii's pocket full of dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template